Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Here comes a feeling you thought you'd forgotten, chairs to sit and sidewalks to walk on."

Horchata//Vampire Weekend

Recently I've fallen in love with Vampire Weekend. Now, before I go any further, I must clear one thing up: I AM IN NO WAY A HIPSTER. Just because the Hipsters and I both listen to the same band, does not make me one of them, alrighty? I am a Loonster for life (more about Loonsters later).

I'm not really sure how to describe the genre of Vampire Weekend, (iTunes assures me it's Punk, but my ears tell me otherwise). In some songs it's almost tribal, others it's folksy. It's very nice to sway in time to...and spin around in a rhythmic groove. They sort of make me relax and chill out, unlike Fall Out Boy, which makes me want to rock out with my air guitar (yes, I actually do that).


Here's one of my favourite pictures of them :)


Now, as today is Thursday, I would usually be going to Writers Group this afternoon...but my mother may be going into labour (she's pregnant again...I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on here before...) as she's been having slight contractions since last night. I'm hoping the baby can wait a little longer, maybe tonight? I really want to see Moony! :3

I'm supposed to be researching the origins of Nutmeg at the moment...(Why on earth would I need to know about that? Ah well, can't argue with my Australian history book...) so I''ll be going now, but hopefully I'll be able to post later ^.^

L.M. Gates (or loony).

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Sometimes I`m stressed and I`m sick of things and I need to forget about them for a while, so in Harry Potter you`re taken to this wonderful imaginary world where everything is so different." -Evanna Lynch