Thursday, August 5, 2010

"Call my name and save me from the dark..."

Bring me to life//Evanescence

Konichiwa, my friends!
It has certainly been a while since I've posted here, but my friend, Moony, has recently started a blog, and her wonderful writings have inspired me to continue.
There are a few changes around here, as you probably noticed. The most obvious difference is the background: I removed my other template, because it was irritating me slightly. I also changed the 'About Me'. It now says the same thing as my Polyvore profile. I'm so lazy. Oh, and you may have seen the new pictures littering my side-bar? The titles explain who they are :)

So, on a new subject, I think I will share with you the simple concept of a story that I'm planning for the creative-writing group I attend (led by none other than Moony's amazing mother. She has dreadlocks, and the best taste in music).

The story is about a person called 'The Keeper'. He (or she) is so named because they keep the secret of 'The Otherworld' (all name credit to Moony, of course), and also the peace. This second world lives along with ours, only revealing itself if The Keeper has shared The Secret with you. Unfortunately, The Keeper cannot confide in anyone, or the Otherworld and it's dangerous creatures will turn, and eventually kill them. The person they told will become the next Keeper, and so on, so forth.
The adventure begins when our heroine, Gwyndolyn Willoweb, is thrust into fantasy and forced to become The Keeper after her Grandfather dies telling her of The Otherworld.

The outline is sort of rough, because I'm only writing the basic idea down on paper at the moment, but with a bit of work I think it could evolve into a fairly interesting tale.

Well, I'm off to watch some Black Cat, but expect another post tomorrow, because you're going to get one :)

Signing off,
L.M. Gates (or loony).

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Sometimes I`m stressed and I`m sick of things and I need to forget about them for a while, so in Harry Potter you`re taken to this wonderful imaginary world where everything is so different." -Evanna Lynch